In 1983 Rawlinsons saw the need within the construction industry for a comprehensive building and construction reference book and from this early vision, Rawlinsons Australian Construction Handbook was formulated with the objective of providing an extensive and detailed building cost reference book embracing all sections of the building industry.
Unlike earlier publications, this book had to satisfy the varied requirements of our subscribers who were much more aware of building costs and methods than their counterparts of earlier years. The popularity of the book was outstanding and 2017 sees the publication of the 1,005-page, thirty-fifth edition of the Handbook, a complete reference guide with vital cost information for all Australian capital cities.
In this thirty-fourth edition and in keeping with our philosophy of constantly developing and refining our publications, we have enhanced and increased our data on green issues and sustainability in construction, including green design; energy management and auditing and environmental management, as well as embodied carbon. We also have included an embryonic section on developers contributions, which we anticipate will encompass all states in our next edition.
Rawlinsons Australian Construction Handbook, the largest library and leading reference book within the construction industry in Australia, is directed at all projects. Contents include :
- Prices for all mainland capital cities
- Regional Indices for all states
- Cost checks for all stages of construction
- Building Costs per Square Metre
- Elemental Costs of Buildings
- Comparative Costs
- Detailed Prices, providing unit prices for all trades and services
- Embodied Carbon
- Refurbishment and Recycling of Buildings
– indicative costs
- Labour and Plant Constants
- Building Planning, Administration and Management; Developers Contributions
- Green Design
- Energy Management and Auditing
- Environmental Management
- Rental Reviews
- International Construction Costs
. . . . and much more