In 1991, it became obvious that there was a need to introduce a new compact volume which would specifically meet the demands of those involved in the smaller industrial, commercial and housing sections of the industry.
In 1993 Rawlinsons Construction Cost Guide was launched and it became an instant success.This 317-page reference book covers projects in the $200,000 to $1.5 million range, and its easy-to-use format is complemented by separate prices for all capital cities.
The 2016 and twenty-fourth edition of this publication is available in late February 2016.
The enormous amount of data is thoroughly vetted before going to print to ensure that the publication accurately reflects the average market situation and most importantly, the appropriate variables for each capital city.
This is an essential reference book for the small builder, architect/consultant and many others in the construction industry.
The wealth of information contained in the Cost Guide includes:
- Regional Indices for all states
- Building Price Indices
- Building Costs Per Square Metre
- Elemental Costs
- Estimating Comparative Costs, providing estimating rates for the various components of a building
- Detailed Prices, for all trades and services
- Typical Renovations, items applicable to kitchens and bathrooms
- Labour Constants, for many of the major items of work